Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting (WREC) is a leading provider of innovative educational, youth and social welfare programmes. We pride ourselves in offering flexible programmes that are relevant and beneficial to service users and commissioners. We also offer consultancy support to businesses, organisations and government in developing new programmes, policy and research, managing existing programmes and supporting project delivery.
A micro-business launched in April 2012 and supported by the Welsh Government’s Graduate Business Start-up Programme, we deliver a range of programmes including:
- Alternative curriculum programmes for young people aged 14-16 in statutory education.
- Engagement activities for young people who are at risk of becoming not in education, employment or training.
- Vocational training courses that lead to accreditation and qualifications.
- Apprenticeship programmes.
- Support to help people back into work.
- Support with Mathematics and English skills, including English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Support to families with parenting skills and employment support.
- Youth clubs for unitary councils/local government.
WREC is an approved examination centre with City and Guilds, a global leader in offering qualifications across a variety of sectors to meet the needs of today’s workplace. We are also an approved training centre with Sports Leaders UK, offering qualifications involving sport, physical activity and leadership skills for life.