An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team in Brighton. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this role.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting has been delivering high quality education and training programmes in Brighton and Hove since November 2016.
We are looking for a Community Projects and Placement Officer to join our Traineeships team. In this role you will be responsible for organising community project days and work placement opportunities for learners aged 16-24 accessing our Traineeship Programmes. Using your organisational skills, you will identify, grow and develop a network of organisations to provide appropriate community projects and placements and ensure that they conform to all legal, health and safety and other statutory requirements. You will be required to attend the community project days and supervise small groups of learners (up to 6 young people). The aim is to expose the young people to a wide variety of work experience opportunities.
The following list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be exclusive. It should be taken as an indicator of the type and level of activity expected of this post. The list does not represent either priorities or frequency of tasks and should be regularly updated by the post holder in consultation with and agreement of their line manager.
You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for.
- Work in partnership with community groups and organisations to organise community projects and work placement opportunities.
- Ensure all Safeguarding and Health and Safety checks are in place at all premises.
- Prepare and issue relevant paperwork to learners and organisations, including risk assessments.
- Use relevant computer systems to store, retrieve and manage organisation information.
- Keep accurate and accessible records on the projects and placements in a variety of formats.
- Attend and lead community project activities, supervising up to six learners.
- Work in partnership with Traineeship Tutors to ensure learners are well prepared prior to, during and after their community project and placement.
- Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
- Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
- Maintain and develop relationships with third sector organisations.
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support.
- Assess, monitor and mark learners work.
- Complete initial assessment activities and agree Individual Learning Plans with learners.
- Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
- Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress.
- Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
Youth Work qualification
Experience of working with young people aged 16-24
Experience of engaging with employers in delivering training
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Clean driving license and access to own car
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.00 /hour
- community / voluntary sector: 2 years (Required)
- working with young people (aged 16-24): 2 years (Preferred)
HOURS: 14 hours per week (Monday and Wednesday)
CONTRACT: Fixed-term contract until 26th July 2019
SALARY: £10.00 per hour (FTE £18,200)
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)