We have a vacancy for a Parenting Support Worker in Pounbury.
This is a new role which has been created due to the fact that Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting will be delivering the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) new Reducing Parental Conflict programme, of which Face to Face (F2F) provision is one strand.
The F2F provision aims to ensure evidence-based interventions are more widely available to ultimately improve children’s outcomes. In order to improve outcomes among the most disadvantaged children in England, the aim of the programme is to improve the evidence-base around the effectiveness of reducing Parental Conflict, or resolving conflict in the inter-parental relationship, by supporting parents (including intact couples and separated parents). The expected outcomes are for the F2F provision is to:
- Introduce evidence-based interventions, which reduces parental conflict and improves outcomes for children;
- Focus support on workless parents and other parents identified as disadvantaged by local authorities;
Whitehead-Ross will support 200 parents over 2 years in Dorset, Poole and Bournemouth. The F2F Provision will be delivered through the interventions to address Parental Conflict using a mix of group workshops and couple sessions supporting either Separated parents or Intact couples. The contract will go live on 1st April 2019 and we have vacancies for two full-time Parenting Support Workers.
The Parenting Support Workers will deliver four interventions:
- Level 5 Family Transitions Triple P
- The Incredible Years, including Advanced Programme
- Within my Reach
- Family Check-Up
You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for.
- To deliver specialist interventions to parents in conflict, in line with the clinical intervention governance.
- To deliver interventions in a group environment and adapt to one to one delivery, when required.
- To work with local stakeholders to source referrals and promote the programme.
- To work closely with participants to ensure attendance and completion of the intervention.
- To fully complete, and submit to deadlines, accurate administrative paperwork related to the Interventions including referral forms, attendance records, completion and achievement data, progress folders, evaluations, and other support and statistical information as required.
- To work towards delivering the performance measures outlined by the line manager.
- To work in partnership with referral sources to gain a better understanding of the participant and their intervention needs.
- To contribute to reviews to identify areas for improvement, including completion and achievement rates.
- To actively contribute to the self-assessment report and quality improvement plan, as well as ongoing quality improvement processes and initiatives.
- To attend professional development as identified through the Clinical Supervision process and the Appraisal process.
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
- Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Level 3 or higher qualification in an NVQ level 3 or equivalent Health and Social Care / Parenting field
English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
Experience of delivering parenting interventions and working with families
Evidence of conducting Initial Assessments, delivering interventions and retaining participants
Skills and abilities
Self-critical, with a view to always improve solutions and processes
Ability to articulate quality service and performance requirements
Proactive, highly motivated with an enthusiasm to meet stakeholder requirement
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Clean driving license and access to own car
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 /year
- supporting parents/families: 2 years (Required)
- Poundbury (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or similar (Required)
Please contact Ian Ross on firstname.lastname@example.org