The staff at Whitehead Ross, led by MD Ian Ross, enjoyed their annual retreat in Bournemouth last week. Over the course of the two days colleagues from across WREC’s offices in Swindon, Neath, Swansea, Brighton and Dorset together to share news about the company, explore future plans (there are plenty!), complete a qualification (we love to learn!) and, importantly, have some fun!
Some of the highlights of the last year at Whitehead Ross include looking at the impact of our programmes over the last 12 months. In this time, over 1,352 service users have accessed our programmes. This includes :
- 225 adults and young people accessing traineeships, adult education and skills support (for the unemployed and for the workforce) in Brighton.
- 136 learners taking part in Swindon adult Community learning
- 44 learners on our Family learning programme in Dorset and on the NEET programme, also in Dorset
- 151 home visits (with 79 progressing to full applications) for our Fostering in Dorset recruitment team
- 154 jobseekers in Swansea supported on the Employability Skills Programme with an additional 103 ex offenders also supported on the programme
- 119 jobseekers completing the ESOL courses in Cardiff and Newport
- 88 jobseekers completing Work and Health vocational courses for Remploy
- 61 young people attending our youth clubs in Swansea
- 139 early intervention panel referrals and 104 multi-assessment team referrals for our Disability Co-ordination service in Neath.
- 16 learners enrolled on our Skills Support for the Workforce in the Solent programme, which only started at the end of June.
Ian also shared exciting growth and expansion plans with the team which will come to fruition later in the year and thanked everyone for their hard work in making such a success of all our training and social services programmes.
The retreat was rounded off with a bit of healthy competition in the form of Escape rooms in Bournemouth which produced worthy winners from the Swansea office, who were most gracious in their victory!?
Overall, a great time was had by all and staff unanimously agreed that WREC is a fantastic company to work for, not only because of the worthwhile programmes we run, but also because of the great team, commitment to quality and ever evolving nature of the business. We’re looking forward to next year already!