It is an exciting time to be joining Whitehead-Ross Education as we expand into Hull and East Riding. We are looking for an experienced Leadership and Management Tutor, who is a team player, to join our friendly and enthusiastic team. To apply, please submit your current CV and covering letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date is Friday 12th February 2021.
POST: Leadership and Management Tutor
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
SALARY: £25,000 per annum
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, delivery and development of our workplace ILM and management courses. This will involve delivering ILM Leadership and Management Level 2 and 3 qualifications to adults in the workplace through face-to-face sessions on a 1-2-1 and small group basis, along with providing remote support with assignments via virtual support, telephone and e-mail. This position is suitable for a self-starter who would enjoy a varied and fast paced role incorporating delivering learning provision.
Performance will be measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering learner recruitment, retention, progress, timely reviews, successful completion and progressions. Quality will be monitored and measured through the organisation’s comprehensive quality assurance and improvement arrangements. You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for.
- Delivery of workplace ILM Leadership and Management qualifications.
- Complete Training Needs Analysis for businesses to identify their training needs.
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Contribute to on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans.
- Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested.
- Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development.
- Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners.
- Maintain a high standard of training and ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Ensure learners understand the requirements of their programme.
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support.
- Monitor and mark learners’ work.
- Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews.
- At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
- Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress.
- Facilitate effective timely reviews with learners and provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their courses, along with seeking employer input when learner work is not completed.
- To lead on marketing and engaging with external stakeholders to ensure that learners are recruitment and enrolled on the courses.
- Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Teaching qualification (i.e. PGCE, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
Previous experience of delivering management and leadership training
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
Excellent ICT skills
Excellent organisational and administrative skills
Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
Ability to work as a member of a team
Reliable, punctual and responsible
Committed to inclusion
Clean driving license and access to own car