We have three vacancies for the role of Traineeships Support Officer. To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to Ian Ross via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5th February 2021.
POST: Traineeships Support Officer
HOURS: 15 hours per week (over 3 days)
LOCATION: Brighton, Hereford, Saltash/Looe
SALARY: £17,550 per annum (£7,020 actual / £9.00 per hour)
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
You will support our Traineeships Tutor in delivering our Traineeships programme. This varied role will involve supporting the Tutor in the classroom, arranging work placements, meeting prospective learners to enrol them onto the programme, contacting stakeholders to promote the Traineeships and providing general support as required.
You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for. A clean driving license and access to own car is also essential.
· Establish constructive relationships with learners and interact with them according to individual needs
· Encourage learners to interact with others and engage in activities led by the Tutor
· Contact employers to arrange work placements for learners and undertake workplace visits to complete risk assessments
· Lead on stakeholder engagement to recruit new learners onto the programme
· Meet prospective learners to discuss the programme and conduct enrolment sessions
· Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage learners to take responsibility for their own behaviour
· Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
· Take an active role in your professional development
· At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures
· Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
· Provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their course.
· Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Qualifications and Knowledge
· English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
· Understanding of the importance of forming and maintaining appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with young people
· Experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour
Skills and abilities
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
· Excellent ICT skills
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
· Have emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
· Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
· Ability to work as a member of a team
· Reliable, punctual and responsible
· Committed to inclusion
· Patient and understanding
· Clean driving license and access to own car
· You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for.