Please note interviews will take place on Wednesday 24th February in Hull.
POST: Business Development Officer
HOURS: 16 hours per week (over 2 days)
SALARY: £8,000 per annum actual
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday (pro-rata)
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
Whitehead-Ross Education is launching a new Skills for Growth project, funded by the European Social Fund (ESF), to support SME businesses to develop the leadership and management skills of their workforces. The project will provided funded training to support individuals to complete qualifications in leadership and management and support businesses to improve their leadership and management performance.
In this new role you will support our Leadership and Management Tutor as we provide funded training across Hull and East Riding. This varied role will see you providing support to the project, such as meeting with prospective businesses and employees to enrol them onto the programme, contacting stakeholders and businesses to promote the project, completing project ESF paperwork and providing general support as required.
You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for. A clean driving license and access to own car is also essential.
· Establish constructive relationships with local businesses to promote the project, such as attending networking events, sharing project information on social media, sending e-mails to businesses and following this up with telephone calls to generate leads and learners for the project.
· Engage with local employer and trade bodies to promote the project to their wider membership.
· Lead on stakeholder engagement to recruit new learners onto the programme.
· Meet prospective learners to discuss the programme and conduct enrolment sessions.
· Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
· Take an active role in your professional development.
· At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures.
· Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity.
· Provide support to the Tutor in completing project ESF paperwork and records.
· Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post.
Qualifications and Knowledge
· English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
· Previous experience of working on an ESF project.
· Previous experience of employer and stakeholder engagement.
Skills and abilities
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
· Excellent ICT skills
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
· Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
· Ability to work as a member of a team
· Reliable, punctual and responsible
· Committed to inclusion
· Patient and understanding
· Clean driving license and access to own car
· You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for.
Reference ID: ESF Project Support Officer
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Application deadline: 19/02/2021
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £8,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
Flexible Working Options Available: