This programme finished on 30th March 2016.
The Vocational Skills to Employment Programme was designed to help parents to overcome barriers to employment, provided bespoke one to one support and offered a series of workshops to help parents develop personal and professional skills for employment.
The programme allowed parents to:
- Gain a Level 1 City and Guilds qualification in Employability Skills.
- Access short courses over 1‐2 days with ongoing flexible support for additional employability needs, such as writing a CV, interview skills and job searches.
The courses covered a range of skills:
- A confidence workshop.
- Learning new skills workshops such as: – Making cosmetics and toiletries e.g. lip balms, bath bombs or solid perfumes ‐ Candle making – Fashion techniques such as tie dying, embellishment or upcycling – Photography e.g. photography tips for photographing children.
- Employment and training workshops catered to individual needs. The workshops will provide advice and support on a range of areas e.g. interview skills, what to put in an application form, writing a personal statement, building your experience, job searches, training opportunities.
- Start a business workshops provide advice and support on starting a business, including help with coming up with and developing business ideas.
Families First was a Welsh Government funded programme to help support families, children and young people up to 25 years.